If you read the above photo it completely explains how my group of four soon to be turning forty women (are we not girls anymore?) ended up at The Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood, Florida. We wanted a quick three night getaway and were looking for something relaxing yet fun with a tropical feel.
We wanted a place where we could have kid free time while relaxing by the pool with a daiquiri. It needed to be somewhere close to an airport within a three hour flight of the northeast. That sounds easy enough to find, but it proved trickier than we first thought. We enlisted the help of a travel agent who had just heard about a brand new resort in southern Florida. The resort is a 15 minute taxi ride from the Fort Lauderdale airport and just a bit further from Miami. This gave us tons of flight options including a flight from the NYC area that ran about $350 for first class seats! Deluxe adjoining ocean view rooms cost under $300 a night and the $15 daily resort fee covered chairs, towels, and umbrellas.
The 349 room Margaritaville Resort opened less than a year ago and is already racking up a slew of amazing reviews written by guests who enjoyed the deluxe variety offered within the resort.
Each room has a breathtaking waterway or ocean view with a spacious balcony. With such a large variety of free entertainment and food options, you could easily never leave the resort premises.
The resort is tastefully decorated right down to the smallest detail such as woven parrots reflecting into our white duvet covers. The lobby is spacious and stunning. I don’t know if flip flops are classy, but the giant blue sculptured flipflop in the lobby sure seems classy to me.
The Margaritaville resort does an excellent job of meshing tasteful beach decor while keeping things light and fun. The staff was wonderful and truly seemed to be enjoying their jobs.
Here are a few tips if you are going to visit Margaritaville Resort Hollywood Beach.
- Skip the car and use Uber, which is very reliable and reasonable in this area.
- Head down the the beach early for front row chairs and umbrellas. Don’t forget the sun screen, because the rays are quite powerful.
- If you have children, spend time at the lower pool, complete with waterslide and water fall. Consider renting a cabana for the little ones to nap in the shade.
- The restaurant service is on resort time, so preview the menu and be ready to order right away if you have little ones in tow. If not, the atmosphere is relaxing and worth a slower meal pace.
- Take advantage of the resort’s proximity to great dining. We spent very little on food by trying local eating spots on the boardwalk.
- In the late afternoon, the adult pool has plenty of shade and a very private bar which provides for a relaxing atmosphere.
- Take the water taxi in the early evening to watch the sunset and visit Fort Lauderdale for some fine dining and shopping. The taxi runs from the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar.
- Enjoy a fruity drink on the beach before taking an afternoon nap under the beach umbrella.
This is an ideal resort for both adults and families. I highly recommend you consider a vacation to The Margaritaville Resort Hollywood, Florida where passports aren’t required and you won’t remember you are still in the United States!
The above review is based solely on my opinion and experiences at the Margaritaville Hotel Hollywood, Florida.